- Places to play sport United Kingdom
- Places to play sport England province
- Places to play sport North West England region
- Places to play sport Greater Manchester ceremonial county
- Places to play sport Greater Manchester metropolitan county
- Places to play sport Manchester
Old Trafford Stadium
Old Trafford - the home stadium of "Manchester United" - one of the most successful football clubs in England. Built in 1909 in the Manchester area Trafford. Today is the largest sports arena, the capacity of which is more than 75 million viewers. Along with another English stadium "Wembley" Old Trafford is the owner of the UEFA elite rating 5 stars. Here were the World Cup matches in 1966, the European Championship in 1996 and the Champions League final in 2003. Old Trafford is often used as a concert venue known artists as well as for private purposes - holding weddings and other celebrations. On the ground floor of the East Stand of the stadium opened a famous shop «Megastore». Also, you should visit the museum "Manchester United", located in the same place. For 18 pounds, you can take a tour of the stadium.
Getting there: South Stand adjacent to w / train station Manchester United FC Halt. The station is only open on match days. From the train / railway station Manchester Piccadilly on the bus number 17, 114, 236 and 252-257.